Job Summary: Responsible for the preparation, negotiations, and administration of Department of Defense (DoD) prime and subcontracts. Interfaces with all levels of management and staff. Supervises and provides support to contract administrators.
- Works closely with Business Development team and Program Managers to assist in the planning/strategizing of future contracts and marketing effort to include the development of bid & proposal strategies. Also provides cost and pricing methodologies and strategies to the proposal process.
- Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and actions required by contract.
- Analyzes problems, recommends solutions, and initiates effective actions for resolution.
- Prepares, negotiates, and administers prime contracts, subcontracts, independent consultant agreements, non-disclosure agreements, teaming agreements, and other agreements as required.
- Manages all activities related to the lifecycle of the contract/task order or subcontract, from the initial proposal phase, through award and contact performance, to close out.
- Supervises administration staff in routine administration of contracts. Provides input on employee reviews and assists with the training of less senior contract administrators.
- Supports functions of contract modification, administration of shipping documents, contractual billing against contract line items, and cost modification administration.
- Maintains all contract files and records.
- Establishes and maintains excellent external customer and internal relations, at all levels of the organization.
- Acts as liaison with customer’s procurement officials for all proposal or contract matters, communicating status and resolving open contract matters with program managers and directors.
- Requires extended work hours, evenings and weekends, to meet critical proposal schedules and deadlines.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned to support business goals and objectives.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, diplomacy, judgment, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Working knowledge of the Contract Management Lifecycle: Solicitation, Offer, Award, Program Management, Manufacturing, Quality, Packaging & Shipping, and Invoicing
- Past or current experience in DoD contract management and administrative functions at the prime and subcontractor levels.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- One of the following professional certifications: CFCM (Certified Federal Contracts Manager) or CPCM (Certified Professional Contracts Manager) or the willingness to obtain the CFCM in one year.
- Strong strategic and tactical negotiation skills
- Team and skill development oriented
- Office environment
- Hours 9/80 - 7:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday - Thursday; 7:30-4:00 Friday; additional hours as needed.